There are many reasons why you might decided to use self storage, from looking to create more space for living to temporarily having no home at all while shifting. Here are some of the main reasons why you might choice to use self storage.
Selling a home:
When selling your property its sometimes best to remove some of the clutter and excess belongings around the home to make your home look more presentable. This will help create the illustration that there is more living space and create a favourable impression on your potential buyer. Self storage is great in this situation as you can temporarily store your excess items until your house has sold. Real estate agents will often suggest you de-clutter your home in order to create more interested buyers and a higher selling price and using mobile storage is a great way to do that.
This means a mobile self storage company can temporarily store unnecessary ornamental, old lounges and furniture that are not needed for day to day living. Some self storage facilities offer a free no obligation quote at your home to accurately assess the storage space you will need and can even provide a removal solution. Other (mobile storage companies) will pick up the items from your home and store them for you then deliver them when needed to your new home.
People who collect everything:
If your the type of person who holds on to things for sentimental reasons or because you may need an item sometime in the future self storage is a great option. Traditionally we were taught to hang onto everything by our parents and grand parents as they lived in times when things were tough and resources were scarce. Today however, with the rapid turnover of technology and electronic devices many of this items accumulate in the home unnecessarily. Many people use self storage to store these extra items so they can could to collect items without the hassles at home.
Building a new home or renovating:
Most people when they decided to build will move in with the in laws and have to store their stuff somewhere. When it may not be the best item to store your stuff on your in laws lawn so self storage is your best bet. This is a very common reason for using self storage and because self storage is month by month you can remove the items when you need them again. With mobile storage it may even be possible to store your items on your property with special arrangements with the mobile storage company.
Unfortunately divorces are becoming increasingly common in our society. Often couples will have to split up their items or one person will have to leave the home and temporarily store their items somewhere. This may even include a car, a boat, tools and household items. Self storage facilities are used to these circumstances and will use discretion and privacy in regards to your situation.
You might be deciding to travel for work or pleasure for an extended period. Self storage is the easiest way to keep your stuff stored securely while you are away. If you are renting or sub letting your home, people often feel more comfortable storing their valued belongings in a secure facility than in their home when they are away. self storage facility. A mobile storage company will pick up your belongings from your home and deliver them to the self storage facility.
Sadly family members pass away and when the death of a loved one occurs you often will have to deal with the affairs of the estate. Self storage facility managers will be understanding and compassionate to help understand your situation while you deal with the estate and the belongings.
Moving back home:
Maybe its time you need to downsize your home or maybe the one of the kids wants to move back home again. Where is your son or daughter going to put all their furniture or other possession, well if you don’t want them shoved all over the house or in the garage then self storage is a great alternative. This is a great option is your kids may move in or out more than once and you can use mobile storage to easily have their stuff store and delivered when needed without the hassle of rearranging your home.
For people in apartments and shared housing self storage can become part of life. With limited space self storage because like your own personal shed. For those will hobbies from model trains through to boating, a self storage facility may be the best place to store your favourite hobby equipment. Since self storage facilities give you 24 hour access you’ll be able to be there whenever you wish.
So there are some of the reasons why you may be considering using self storage. Self storage companies usually give you a minimum contract time of a month, other than that you are free to have access to or remove your good whenever you want, there are no lengthy contracts like a lease or rental and your goods and stored safely and securely.
Benefits of Self Storage For Businesses
There are many reasons home owners and business owners make use of self storage facilities. Self storage offers numerous benefits and in this article, I will talk about some of the main benefits of using self storage facilities.
Benefits Of Self Storage For Home Owners
Hoarding – when we have the desire to hold on to things, we want to create some space for those things so we can use them later on in our lives. Many people have this fear of throwing things which they think may be useful for them in the future. There are numerous examples of people in the self storage industry of renting a storage space which they can use to collect items which they cannot store in their homes anymore. In most families, hoarding can cause a real problem because it creates an actual reduction in the living space. When we make use of self storage facilities, we can clear that space in our homes and at the same time retain those items.
Reduce Clutter – whether it is home or office, storage space can help reduce clutter and free up the much needed space.
Security – there is more security offered by self storage facilities than we can find in homes. Apart from a simple lock, there are security fences, gated entry, surveillance cameras, exterior lighting, limited after hours entry and security guards. If you have valuable items in the house which you are going to use later on, it is best to put them in self storage facilities.
Safety – the safety of your family is important and for this reason, it is not a good idea to have tools and other renovation related equipments in the home. This is especially true if there are small children in the house. If you have tools such as drills, saws, ladders and other power tools lying around, consider keeping them in a storage facility. This will reduce risks of accidents and injuries.
Space For Large Items – most people like the idea of owning ski boats, vintage cars, canoes, etc. If you do not have enough room for these items or if you are looking to provide protection against the weather conditions, then renting a self storage unit can be the best choice for you.
A self storage facility which is professionally run will allow you free access to your belongings at any time. They will provide you a code to enter the facility gates and your own key to the storage unit you have rented. Home owners often use these self storage facilities for peace of mind that their valuable or sentimental belongings are stored securely and safely. In a storage facility, you will find a secure environment which is clean and dry. The storage facility will be protected with various security systems ranging from 24-hour guard protection to CCTV security.
Benefits of Self Storage For Businesses
Before looking at the benefits, let us check out some of the main business uses for self storage. These include:
– product and sample storage
– archive storage
– home office storage
– office relocation furniture and stock storage
– emergency storage such as in case of storm, flooding, smoke damage and fire
– seasonal stock storage such as Christmas stock during the festive season
– business stock overflow storage
Self storage gives businesses increased flexibility. Whether it is a small business or a large business, they all need some kind of storage. There are many reasons for this which range from creating a mini warehouse to take care of trade supplies to creating a distribution point for a sales team.
Some of the main reasons why businesses need self storage include:
Making the most of office space
Office spaces are quite costly these days and when you pay so much money on office space rental, you must ensure that the space is being used to achieve maximum benefit. Offices which are filled up with less frequently used paperwork, excessive equipment, and unused furniture items or archive files can make work difficult. Moreover, a survey has revealed that an average company may end up paying about 1,200 a year to maintain space that is occupied by a medium sized filing cabinet. When you compare this amount with cost of renting a self storage unit to store that unnecessary or rarely used filing cabinet, you will see that you can save close to 600 on just one filing cabinet. Today most companies have recognised the benefits of storing paperwork, rarely used furniture and equipment offsite by making use of self storage facilities.
Are you looking to relocate just because you think that the current office space is not adequate to meet your needs? If so, why not consider freeing up some space by removing those unnecessary file cabinets, unused equipments and loads of paperwork which are rarely referenced. If you make use of self storage facilities to store these rarely used items, there will be no need for an expensive relocation. Instead you will be able to free up the much needed space that will provide for easy expansion.
– rental is paid on a month to month basis which means that no yearly lease is required
– when compared to the cost of office space, self storage rental rate is competitive
– businesses also get assistance when they need to move their items for free
– to make the best use of the storage unit, shelving can also be made available
– you can also receive discounts
– it is better to use office space to generate income rather than use it for storage
– keeping valuable documents offsite protects against natural environmental damages such as fire
– only you have access to your individual space
– you get 24 hour security for your valuable items
– Trolleys and pallet jacks making it easy to move your items
– It is easy to receive pallet deliveries
– You can access your items 7 days a week
– Packaging materials are available on site
– provides a flexible storage option for businesses which are stock based
– flexible in terms of space as well as facilities
– there are a number of self storage facilities which require just a day or 7 days notice to reduce or expand your storage space depending on your requirement
– flexible rentals
– no long term lease
– flexible facilities such as bulk storage, forklifts, loading bays, drive up units, etc
– short term commitment
However, before you choose a self storage facility, consider the following eight essential questions.
1. What security measures are in place?
2. Does the facility offer 24/7 access?
3. Are there different sized units available?
4. If the self storage facility close to my home?
5. Can shippers drop off or pick up shipments?
6. Are there any kinds of discounts available?
7. Is the management professional and the facility clean?
8. Are there any hidden costs apart from the monthly rental?
Are you considering self storage? Visit our website and we will help you find the perfect Leeds self storage unit for all your storage needs.
Things to Consider Before Renting Self Storage
1. Stick to your budget. Before deciding to rent a Denver self storage unit, ask the manager how often they raise their rates, so you can factor that into your budget. If the price sounds reasonable ask the manager to put the numbers in writing.
2. Rents due. Ask the manager when the rent is due and what your options are for paying the rent. Some self storage facilities have an online payment option or will allow you to prepare months in advance. Find a schedule that works best for you and stick to it.
3. Self storage facilities don’t cause storms. If you are storing your items in a Denver self storage facility and you’re local to the facility, visit the storage facility after a rain storm. Storage facilities are not responsible for water damage, so by taking some time out of your day to checking in on your belongings after a big storm could save you a lot of money in the end.
4. Access. How often will your access your self storage facility. This will help you determine what size of self storage unit you will want to rent. If you plan on accessing your self storage unit often then you may want to rent a unit one size larger than recommended by the manager. When you access your facility you’ll want some extra room so you can move around freely without harming any of your belongings. If you won’t be frequenting your self storage unit, then you can rest assure that the unit size recommended by the manager will be the right size for your belongings. You may even want to rent a self storage unit one size smaller if you know how to safely pack and arrange the storage unit. Remember to place the items you think you’ll want to retrieve quickly near the front of the self storage unit. You may not have room to move around your storage unit but you will save some extra money month to month by renting a smaller unit.
5. Hidden fees. Some self storage facilities charge a deposit, which will be refunded once you’ve moved out, granted that you left the self storage facility intact, the way you found it. Before signing your lease ask the self storage facility manager about the cost of the deposit, if there is one, and if there are any additional hidden fees that will be tacked onto your bill in addition to your rental fee.
6. Need a moving truck. If you don’t have access to a moving truck you may want to ask the Denver storage manager if they offer rental trucks or if there is anyone they recommendation. If the self storage facility is the one renting you the truck you may want to ask if there are any perks to renting a truck from them or if there are any fees they can wave for being a self storage customer.
7. Insurance. Insure the items that you are storing, check to see if your home owner’s or renter’s insurance policies cover you when your storage your items in self storage, if not most Denver self storage facilities offer storage insurance when you sign your rental agreement.
8. Pack smart. When packing your self storage unit, place your valuable items in the back of the unit.
9. Lock down. Ask the self storage facility manager about security features that the self storage facility provides for their customers. Then go out and buy yourself a lock that cannot be cut by bolt cutters, if you need some advice of where to find one or which one to purchase you can always ask the manager.
10. Look for yourself. Visit the self storage facility and take a tour to check out the condition of the storage units and the security, make sure you feel secure in leaving your belongings in the self storage unit. Ask the self storage facility manager if they live on-site, so they can keep an eye on your belongings 24/7.