There are people who have more cars than they can store inside their garage. A luxury car which is seldom used on a daily basis when stored inside a garage occupies unnecessary space which otherwise can be used to accommodate another car or some other household goods. The best way to store such cars is to hire Antioch car storage units. Storing the car inside a warehouse unit would not only free the garage space but the owner would also be saved from regular maintenance and cleaning jobs.
There are a large number of vehicle storehouse facilities around each and every location. There are mainly two types of vehicle warehouses – interior garage unit and outdoor covered space. The interior garage unit is more desirable as it is the safest option; however, it is quite high on the costs.
If someone wants to have an affordable vehicle storehouse option, then he or she can hire an outdoor covered space. Though low on security, these types of outdoor units suffice the vehicle storing needs of many people. Depending upon individual budget as well as security requirements, one can choose the appropriate Antioch car storage unit. Before hiring a storehouse unit to store the car, it is important to check some other details. The vehicle storehouse unit you choose should be able to suit your individual storage requirements.
Here are some considerations before hiring a vehicle storehouse unit:
- Choose a storehouse facility that charges on a monthly basis. This way you would not have to make big yearly or quarterly rental payments. However, if you are planning to store your car inside the Antioch storage unit for a longer period of time then you can avail some attractive discount options by paying quarterly or yearly charges.
- If the vehicle stored inside the unit is going to be accessed quite often, then it is advisable to hire a storehouse unit that is nearer to the facility’s main entrance. This way, you would save a lot of time in driving in and out of the warehouse facility.
- Another important consideration is the size of the Antioch car storage unit. To accommodate cars of all sizes and makes, storehouse facility offers different sizes -tall, wide, and so on. You can choose the storehouse unit depending upon the size of your car.
- There are several storehouse facilities that offer free maintenance and regular washing of your car. This would be great for a car that is going to be stored for a longer duration of time inside the unit.
Before storing your car inside a storehouse unit, it is very important to check for its registration and insurance papers. Without these documents, no storehouse facility would offer its services. You cannot dump your old vehicles inside a storehouse facility. For storing the car inside the storehouse unit, the prime condition is that it should be in a drivable condition and all its tires should be good shape and properly inflated.
So, now you have all the relevant information about Antioch car storage. What are you waiting for then? Go and hire the unit to keep your car in tiptop condition.
Car Storage Options
There are many reasons that you may want to store your car. Perhaps you have too many vehicles in your driveway and you need to free up space. Maybe you have a collector’s car and you do not want it exposed to the elements day after day. Whatever the reason is that you want to store your car, there are a few things that you should know before you do so.
It is important to note that there are different levels of car storage and each level will of course come with a different price tag. Here are some things to know about storing your car:
- Outside storage: If you have an extra car in your driveway that you do not drive all that often and you want to make space in your driveway, then an outside car storage spot is for you. An outside car storage spot is exactly what it sounds like. It is usually nothing more than parking space sized and many times there is even a parking space block to show you exactly where you will park your car. The pros here are a very affordable cost. The cons are of course that the car is exposed to the everyday elements such as wind, rain, sun, etc. If this is the route you decide to take, you should consider buying a car cover as this will help to better protect your vehicle.
- Inside storage, non-climate controlled: An inside car storage unit that is non-climate controlled is usually a space that the car is driven into and then there is usually a garage style door that closes giving the car garage style storage. Your unit can then be locked and your car will not only be protected from the wind, rain, and sun, but also from break-ins. The only drawback to this type of storage is that it can get quite hot inside a unit that is not climate controlled. Because this type of car storage totally covers the car, it will cost more money that the outside storage unit.
- Inside storage unit, climate controlled: Just like its non-climate controlled counterpart the car is totally covered in this type of car storage unit. The difference is that the unit is air-conditioned so that the temperature usually stays at a nice cool level. This type of car storage is usually use by those that have a collector’s car and do not want anything to happen to the vehicle including heat damage. This is obviously the most expensive type of car storage there is.
As a side not, you should always be sure to perform regular maintenance to your stored car even if you do not use it often. For example, regular oil changes at the interval of three to five months no matter how many miles are put on the car will help it run its best no matter how often it is run.
Storing your car can be a great alternative to clogging up your driveway or garage, but you should know what level of storage you require before you begin to look around. Always make sure to call several storage unit facilities and try to obtain the best possible price for your car storage needs.
There is a growing demand for the self-storage units due to the convenience they offer. Self-storage units are nothing but a kind of warehouse but smaller in size. The traditional warehouse was being used only for business purposes and so they were very strict on terms and conditions. But now you get them for domestic use as well. There are various kinds of them like furniture storage, boat or RV storage, and car storage. The main reason that people hire such self-storage units is the lack of space. Getting a safe parking space for your car can be a challenging task. Car storage unit will relieve you off this worry. They are safe and provide 24 hour security and ensure complete protection.
The self-storage industry provides various facilities to cater to the needs of the people. In case of lack of space in your house, you could hire a furniture storage unit to store the unwanted furniture for later use. This will help you get more space in your house and will not give you a cramped look as well. The main advantage of the unit is the cost-effectiveness. It’s very easy to hire it and it does not involve big documentation or lengthy procedures.
Flexibility provided by the self-storage units is amazing. You could get different sizes of units depending on your individual requirement. This industry is flourishing due to its customer-friendly attitude and better services. You could get these units on a permanent basis or for a temporary period. If you are planning to go on a vacation, you may need to properly secure your belongings. They also have climate-controlled storage units to take care of your precious items that could be damaged due to weather changes. Items like paintings and art and craft works can be properly secured in the units while you enjoy your vacation without any tension.
The self-storage unit providers have 24 hour security system and ensure that all your belongings are in safe hands. There are certain operators who also provide high-end security systems with CCTVs and theft alarms. Such alarms are connected to the police station ensuring that in case of tampering, an alarm sets off alerting the nearest police station. You can access your things at any time of the day or night as these services are available 24/7. You get complete freedom to make use of the space you have taken on rent for that time period.
Some providers offer insurance cover for your belongings. This is included as a part of package and thereby safeguards your belongings from unforeseen events. In case of any accident, you can be assured of protection against the loss through these insurance cover.